04 October 2015
US bombing of Afghan hospital: Patients burned to death in their beds, says MSF --UN said airstrike could amount to a war crime | 04 Oct 2015 | President Barack Obama has pledged a full investigation into an apparent US air strike on an Afghan hospital that killed 19 people, in a bombing the UN said could amount to a war crime. Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said patients burned to death in their beds during a bombing raid that continued for half an hour after US and Afghan authorities were informed the hospital had been hit. "Twelve staff members and at least seven patients, including three children, were killed; 37 people were injured," the charity said. "This attack constitutes a grave violation of international humanitarian law."
Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Kunduz Hit by Apparent U.S. Strike | 03 Oct 2015 | Twelve Doctors Without Borders staff along with seven patients, including three children, were killed after an apparent U.S. airstrike hit the international charity's hospital in the Afghan city of Kunduz. Another 37 others were injured in the strike: 19 staff members, including five in critical condition, and 18 patients and caretakers, according to Jason Cone, the executive director for Doctors Without Borders in the U.S. The organization didn't comment on the identities of the victims, but said all international staffers were alive and accounted for. Coalition spokesman Col. Brian Tribus confirmed that a U.S. airstrike conducted at around 2:15 a.m. local time on Saturday (5:45 p.m. ETFriday) "may have caused collateral damage to a nearby health facility."
U.S. military says it conducted air strike 'in vicinity' of Afghan hospital | 03 Oct 2015 | A U.S. air strike that may have hit a hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan, on Saturday targeted Taliban insurgents who were directly firing on U.S. servicemembers, the U.S. military said in a statement. The air strike was conducted "in the vicinity" of a Medecins Sans Frontieres hospital in Kunduz, the statement said...
US attack on hospital in Kunduz possibly criminal - UN | 03 Oct 2015 | Air strikes on a hospital in the Afghan city of Kunduz that killed 19 people were "tragic, inexcusable and possibly even criminal", the UN human rights chief says. High Commissioner Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein urged a full and transparent investigation into the attack. Medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres said at least 12 of its staff and seven patients were killed. US forces were carrying out air strikes at the time [and bombed the hospital, *duh.*].
Taliban Says Shot Down Crashed United States C-130 Plane in Afghanistan | 02 Oct 2015 | The Taliban claimed today to have shot down a US military transport plane in eastern Afghanistan in a crash that killed 11 people, as the battle for Kunduz raged after the emboldened militants briefly seized the city. The Taliban's stunning success in Kunduz, their biggest tactical success since 2001, marks a blow for Afghanistan's NATO-trained forces, who have largely been fighting on their own since December. "Our mujahideen have shot down a four-engine US aircraft in Jalalabad," Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said on Twitter.
Twelve dead, including five American soldiers, in U.S. military transport plane crash in Afghanistan | 01 Oct 2015 | Twelve people including five U.S. service members have been killed after a transport plane crashed at Jalalabad Airport in Afghanistan. Among those killed were five U.S. soldiers, reported to be the crew of the aircraft, another five civilian contractors on board the plane, and two Afghan ground crew. The accident took place at around midnightlocal time (3.30pm ET) while the C-130 Hercules transport plane was taking off from the airport.
CNN caption: 'U.S. Says Russian Airstrikes Hit U.S.-Led ISIS Coalition' | 02 Oct 2015 | Click here to see photo of CNN caption.Oops: Did CNN Just Admit the U.S. Is Working with ISIS? |02 Oct 2015 | Video by TRUTHstreammedia.
ISIS jihadis OBLITERATED: Putin jets blast terrorist HQ in Syria with bunker-buster bombs | 04 Oct 2015 | Russian bombers have OBLITERATED nine Islamic State (ISIS) [I-CIA-SIS] outposts in just 24 hours as Vladimir Putin steps up his huge bombing campaign in Syria...Confirming the successful raids, Andrei Kartapolov from the Russian army General Staff, said: We will not only continue strikes...We will also increase their intensity." And Russian Defence Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said: "Over the past 24 hours, Sukhoi Su-34 and Su-24M fighter jets have performed 20 sorties and hit nine Islamic State installations. A bunker-busting BETAB-500 air bomb dropped from a Sukhoi Su-34 bomber near Raqqa has eliminated the command post of one of the terror groups, together with an underground storage facility for explosives and munitions."
The CIA's head must (happily) be *exploding:* 6 Russian air strikes destroy ISIS bomb factory, command centers - Defense Ministry | 02 Oct 2015 | Russian jets have performed 14 combat flights, conducting six pinpoint airstrikes against Islamic State targets in Syria on Friday, according to Russia's Defense Ministry. "During the day, the Russian aviation group continued conducting pinpoint airstrikes against the infrastructure of the IS group in Syria," Defense Ministry spokesman, Igor Konashenkov, said. "Su-34, Su-24-M and Su-25 planes performed 14 flights from Hmaimim Airbase, during which six airstrikes against IS targets were conducted," he added.
Fukushima police send nuclear contamination case against TEPCO execs to prosecutors --Police have reviewed claims filed by local residents after 300 tons of highly radioactive water had leaked from TEPCO tanks. | 03 Oct 2015 | Fukushima police have finally reacted to a criminal complaint filed against TEPCO and 32 of its top officials two years ago over the nuclear contamination caused by the 2011 nuclear disaster. They have referred the case to prosecutors. The Fukushima District Prosecutors' Office will now determine whether to pursue criminal charges against the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) and its top management over the leaks of highly radioactive wastewater from the Fukushima nuclear plant into the sea. The criminal complaint alleges that the company and its executives failed to manage storage tanks of contaminated water or build underground walls to block the flow of radioactive material into the sea at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
Police were warned about people taking photographs outside their headquarters in Parramatta just hours before shooting --Man 'seen taking photos of NSW Police headquarters' prior to shooting | 03 Oct 2015 | (Australia) NSW Police were reportedly warned that a man had been taking photos of the entrance to their Parramatta headquarters, prior to the shocking fatal shooting of a police staffer as he left the building on Friday afternoon. Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione has confirmed the deceased gunman was a 15-year-old Parramatta boy and the crime is being treated as an act of terrorism which was a deliberate attack targeting the NSW Police force. It is believed the teen, who was born in Iran, was acting alone and Commissioner Scipione insists police received no warning prior to the attack.
Media 'encouraged to not name gunman' in Oregon mass-casualty event; trend could pave way for entirely fabricated incidents by Lori Price, www.legitgov.org | 01 Oct 2015 | At the Oregon State Police news conference Thursday evening, Sheriff John Hanlin of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office in Roseburg, Oregon, announced that he would not name [Chris Harper Mercer] the alleged shooter behind the killing of nine people [at press time]Thursday at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg. Furthermore, Hanlin discouraged the media from saying Mercer's name. CLG feels that such secrecy and possible obfuscation of the truth sets a dangerous precedent, as the day will soon arrive when citizens no longer question the actual perpetrators behind any government-sponsored and/or entirely fabricated mass-casualty events. These shootings and acts of terrorism - real or not - will be accepted as fact by a docile media and a compliant populace, as people will then accept that they will never learn who sponsored them. As an actual journalist, I will not accept the corporate-owed media's 'explanation' of these events, and will always dig deeper.
Alleged Oregon shooter, Chris Harper Mercer, was in US Army --Mercer served in 2008 | 02 Oct 2015 | Alleged UCC gunman, Chris Harper Mercer, served in the US Army in 2008. Mercer received an administrative discharge that same year, according to the Pentagon. Mercer served at Fort Jackson in South Carolina. (CNN)
UCC shooting timeline: 'suspect down' in 10 minutes | 03 Oct 2015 | Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin has released a timeline of the Umpqua Community College shooting. The first 911 call came in at 10:38 a.m. on October 1. Roseburg Police officers and medical were notified. Hanlin noted that police officers were five miles away from the campus. One minute later, at 10:39, dispatch sent out an update stating the shooter was in the science building.
Scare after Virginia Commonwealth University warns of possible gunman on campus...then cancels alert just 15 minutes later | 02 Oct 2015 | Virginia Commonwealth University has given students the all clear to return to business as normal after issuing an alert about a possible gunman near campus Fridaymorning. Just before 11am, the school issued an alert about a 'possible armed subject' near the school's Richmond campus. The suspect was described as a male, wearing a square military-style hat and backpack, spotted going east on Grace Street from Belvidere Street. The alert warned students to avoid the area and said campus police were on the scene. However, police were not able to confirm the report, and just 15 minutes later the university said it was safe for classes to resume.
2 Santa Clara County correctional deputies arrested | 02 Oct 2015 | The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office arrested two correctional deputies Friday as a result of two separate investigations that began last month. One deputy is accused of filing a false workers' compensation claim and the other was arrested for allegedly accessing confidential information, officials say. On Friday, an arrest warrant was executed on Santa Clara County Correctional Deputy Ryan Saunders, who was arrested on eight misdemeanor counts for allegedly accessing confidential records from the Criminal Justice Information Control database of people with whom he had personal relationships.
House lawmakers express concern about TPP auto provision| 01 Oct 2015 | A bipartisan group of House lawmakers is worried that proposed rule of origin standards on autos in a Pacific trade deal corporate takeover will hurt the U.S. industry. Reps. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio) and Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.) on Thursday led a bipartisan group of 20 Democrats and one Republican -- all who opposed fast-track authority for President Obama -- calling on top U.S. trade officials to ensure that the United States doesn't lower tariffs until Japan more fully opens its market to imports as part of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) deal. In a letter to U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman, the lawmakers said that an effort to set a 45 percent rule of origin standard for vehicles manufactured in TPP nations would allow Japan "to continue with an undisrupted supply chain that could have a disastrous impact on the U.S. supply chain and resulting loss of American jobs in the years ahead."
Citizens for Legitimate Government (CLG)
P.O. Box 1142
Bristol, CT 06011-1142
Contributions to CLG are not tax deductible.