এ বলে আমায় দেখ, ও বলে আমায়! তৃণমূল সাংসদ তাপস পালের আপত্তিকর মন্তব্যে জেরে ইতিমধ্যেই তোলপাড় রাজ্য-দেশের রাজনীতি। তারই মধ্যে বিরোধীদের (বিজেপি) ‘কেটে ফেলার’ হুঙ্কার দিয়ে বিতর্কে জড়ালেন বাঁকুড়া জেলা পরিষদের সভাধিপতি, তৃণমূল নেতা অরূপ চক্রবর্তী। তাপস দিয়েছিলেন বিরোধীদের গুলি করে মারার শাসানি, অরূপের মুখে এল বিরোধীদের ‘বলি’ দেওয়ার হুমকি। এবং এ সবই হয়েছে পুলিশের উপস্থিতিতে।
মিডিয়ার ষড়যন্ত্র! তাপসের পাশেই মুখ্যমন্ত্রী
আইন বলছে তাপস পালকে গ্রেফতার করা যেতে পারে
Centre seeks report from West Bengal government on Tapas Pal’s comments
`তাপ-উত্তাপে` উত্তেজিত তাপস পালের `নিঃশর্ত ক্ষমা`য় প্রশ্ন উঠছে পুলিস-প্রশাসনে নিষ্ক্রিয়তা নিয়ে
তাপসের অমৃতবচনে চন্দননগর স্তম্ভিত, পাশে নেই চৌমাহাও
Crimes against women in Bengal have dipped: NCRB
ভোলানাথ ঘড়ই, অভিজিৎ বসাক
- R.M.C Kolkata Evening weather report dt 02.07.14.MONSOON WATCH:- The Northern Limit of Monsoon (NLM)continues to passes through Lat. 21°N / Long. 60°E, Lat.21°N / Long. 65°E, Veraval, Surat, Nashik, Wasim, Damoh, Sultanpur and Lat.28°N / Long. 82°E. SW monsoon been active over SHWB and SKM;subdued over A &N Islands,GWB ODS, JRKD & Bihar.Heavy to Very heavy rain occurred at Isolated places over SHWB. Rainfall occured at most places over SHWB & SKM ;at a few places over A&N Island,at isolated places over GWB BHR JRKD and ODS.CRA in CM( from 0830 IST of 28-06-14 to 0830 hours IST of 29-06-14 ) :- CRA in CM( from 0830 IST of 30-06-14 to 0830 hours IST of 01-07-14 ) Basirhat 12 Alipore 10 Barrackpore 9 Salt Lake 8 Puri 7 Midnapore, Diamond Harbour Burdwan Digha Haldia Burdwan Gheropara 6 each Gangtok,Jalpaiguri,Rampurhat Kharagpur Tamluk Bhubaneswar Angul Khurdah 5 each BalurghatMalda Tadong Dum Dum Kakinada Sriniketon Suri Balasore Angul 4each Nagrakata Rango Kalimpong Bhagalpur Daltonganj Paradeep Bhaglpur 3 each Coochbihar murti Domohni darjeeling sankalon Mogra Patna Kalyani Baruipur 2 EACH.
- Synoptic situation based on 1430 IST dt. 02-07-14
- Morning's LOPAR over GWB and adj Bangla desh with assoc cycir exteding upto 7.6 km asl tilting SW Ward with height.The trough of low pressure continues to run from Punjab to East Central Bay across Haryana UP JRKD Centre of LOPAR and North Bay.
- Weather Forecast:*****
- Day 1:Rain or thundershowers would occur at most places over Gangetic West Bengal & Jharkhand ; many places over Bihar, Odisha and sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim and may occur at a few places over A&N island .
- Day 2: Rain or thundershowers would occur at most places over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim ; many places over A&N island ,Jharkhand Bihar,Odisha and Gangetic West Bengal and may occur at a few places over A&N island .
- Day 3: Rain or thundershowers would occur at most places over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim ; many places over A&N island ,Jharkhand Bihar, and Gangetic West Benga and may occur at a few places over Odisha
- Warning: Day 1: (1)Heavy to very heavy rain may occur at isolated places over Jharkhand & Gangetic . (2) Heavy rain may occur at isolated places over Odisha ,Bihar and Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & SKM. Day2 :- (1)Heavy to very heavy rain may occur at a few places over Jharkhand . (2) Heavy rain may occur at isolated places over Bihar and Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & SKM. Day 3:(1)Heavy to very heavy rain may occur at isolated places over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & SKM. (2) Heavy rain may occur at isolated places over Bihar and Jharkhand.
- Out Look for next 4 days:Scattered rain or thundershower over the region.
Bengal industry ignites debate
OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT
Calcutta, July 1: The war of words over Bengal’s industrialisation process escalated today with industries minister Amit Mitra and leader of the Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra crunching numbers on the floor of the Assembly.
While Mitra, an economist, rolled out “details” of investments taking place on the ground, Mishra, a doctor by profession, raised doubts over the veracity of the claim.
According to Mitra, Rs 78,361 crore worth of investments were being implemented in Bengal. “These investments are actually happening on the ground as we speak. These are real numbers,” he said, participating in a discussion on the industry budget.
Mishra, however, countered the argument. “There is no consistency in the figures provided by this government. Had there really been investments, the effect should have been felt on the ground. We do not get to see that,” he noted.
Mitra said the numbers were more “credible” than mere proposals.
He also informed the House about the progress made on providing 14Y clearance — the government’s approval for holding land in excess of the ceiling in Bengal .
According to Mitra, 7,649.13 acres have been cleared by the Mamata Banerjee government, known for its hands-off land policy, under the 14Y clearance route.
These projects entailed an investment of Rs 49,973 crore, creating 45,768 direct jobs, the minister added. There are 13 more proposals, which are expected to be cleared soon.
Mishra argued that under- implementation would not give a clear picture of the pace of industrialisation. “For instance, erecting a boundary wall could well be classified as under-implementation. But that only serves limited purpose,” he said.
Mishra also raised questions on why Indian Oil Corporation had been dumped by the Bengal government even after the PSU sought to buy into Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd.
Congress leader Manash Bhuiya suggested the government should try an out-of-the- court settlement with Tata Motors to resolve the Singur impasse.
Members of the Left Front suggested a relook at the rigid SEZ policy to facilitate the entry of IT firm Infosys into Bengal.
However, Mitra did not reply to any of these questions. “The matters are sensitive and the government is not in a position to give a definitive answer,” sources in the Trinamul Congress, said.